It has been brought to our attention that a local competitor has plagiarized our website. We are in no way associated with Devyn’s Pool & Hot Tub Company or Aquamaster Halifax. We are trying to get the situation rectified as soon as possible to avoid confusion.
Are you new to pool ownership? Can’t get the pool to clear or want to ensure the water is safe for everyone in it?
Sometimes it is hard to set you in the right direction over the phone or by e-mail, a water test is the way to go. But, if you are new to pool ownership, the chemical do’s and don’ts can be overwhelming.
Book an appointment in store with one of our chemical certified team members for a water lesson. The lesson will be based on your specific pool and its needs. Our team will run your water sample through our lab.
What you will learn:
- We will provide you with a detailed explanation of the chemicals required by YOUR pool’s water.
- A detailed description as to why we use the chemicals that are on the prescription.
- How much of each chemical should be added to the pool water.
- How to add each chemical to the pool water.
- What chemicals you should be using on a weekly basis, with an explanation as to why we are using them.
- How often you should be testing your water.
We will also ensure that you understand the information you have been provided and welcome any questions that you may have before or during the lesson.
All you need is to:
- Book the appointment.
- Ensure you do NOT shock the pool for at least 48 hours prior to the appointment.
- Also be sure that the water has been circulating for 48 consecutive hours prior to bringing in a water sample.
- Bring a fresh water sample in with you.
- Your water sample should be approx. 500ml in a rinsed-out water or pop bottle. Do NOT use a juice or chemical container for your water sample
- Take the sample away from the skimmer and take it about elbow deep in the water.
- Do not leave the water sample sitting in a hot car for any extended length of time.
- Any household members who will be taking care of the pool and the chemistry should be present for the lesson.
- Bring in a list of chemicals you already have at home (photos are fine as well) with approx. amounts. Please note we only use the BioGuard chemical brand and we cannot mix and match or assist in using other brands.