Ready for spring, and looking forward to a fun season of enjoying your pool? Sit back, relax and let our experienced service team make your pool opening a breeze. We’re happy to save you the time and work, while you can rest assured that your pool opening is done thoroughly and perfectly.
We recommend opening your pool early (after the ice has melted off it). The best time to open is late April or early May! You can learn about the benefits of an early opening on our blog: https://www.rrpools.ca/blog/why-open-your-pool-early/
For those of you with a variable speed pump we highly recommend that you set the pump to high until the pool is clear and then turn it back down until the weather is warm enough to swim.
What is included in our opening service:
- Regular Swimming Pool Service
- Partial pump, clean and remove and store winter cover.*
- Clean, roll up and store water bags if needed.
- Reinstall ladders, steps and diving board.
- Reassemble circulation and filtration equipment.
- Place solar blanket and roller.
- Reinstall lights.
- Start system if water is high enough.**
- Add opening kit if system can be started.**
- Scoop debris, brush down or vacuum (10 minutes.)
- O-Ring lubrication
- Take water sample for in-store analysis, although we highly recommend customer bring in own sample once pool is filled and started, for proper accuracy.
- Opening kit included in price.
- The Works Swimming Pool Service
- Includes all of the above plus one half hour of additional cleaning a 4-7 days after the opening, to remove any dirt that may have settled after filling.
- The Works Plus Swimming Pool Service
- Includes all of the above plus water balancing. [Balancing chemicals are not included. We are unable to balance using chemicals other than the Bioguard brand.] lease note balancing means we will adjust the pool’s water chemistry to the proper levels of pH, Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness, it does NOT include dealing with any water clarity issues.
- Regular Swimming Pool Service
*Full pump off of winter cover is an extra charge. Please notify your service booking team in advance of scheduled opening date.
** Typically an aboveground pool cannot be started, nor the opening kit added until the pool has been filled to an optimum water level . At that time, the customer will simply start the pool and add the opening kit.
Any problems found at the opening (beyond a quick fix) will require a separate service call, which will be booked as soon as possible. This includes leaks, autocovers and anything else not directly included in the opening list or of which the techs do not have the supplies on board.
Additional charges may be incurred with pools containing the following:
- Excess leaves and debris
- Leaf nets
- A second cover
- Swim Jets
- Vinyl (Rubber Cover)
- Water features
- Additional filtration systems
Return visits for leaks are not included with the opening services and are billed at an additional service charge rate. Any services not listed in the above opening lists are also billed at an additional service charge rate and may not be able to be performed at the time of the pool opening.
Priority appointments are an additional $50
You will be re-dircted to a thank you page if you have successfully submitted this form. If you do not see the thank you page please check over your form again, you are likely missing a required field, and resubmit it.