What does an Inground Pool Project Cost?
There is a lot that goes into building a project this complex, many things which you just can’t see when it is completed. Every project cost is based upon its own complexities including the yard, drainage, access, wants and needs of the family and the budget.
The majority of our fiberglass swimming pool projects average around $150,000 plus taxes. During the quoting process we will assess the backyard for you and price in the pool plus all of the other items that will be required for a turn key project including; access, drainage, electrical, fencing, decking and more. Commonly a starting price given on the phone does not factor in any allowance for such hidden costs.
A R&R basic pool kit for a common pool, a mid-size 14×30 Rectangle which could include:
- Medium sized fiberglass pool with installation energy efficient variable speed pump, sand filter, Cleardeck blanket roller, basic automation, lighting, robotic cleaner and heatpump
- Safety Cover
- Basic Electrical
- Chain Link Fencing
- 3’ Concrete Decking around pool
- Pool Closing
A more modernized plan might include some of the following:
- Stamped Concrete
- Ornamental Iron Fencing
- Additional decking or seating area
- Small pool shed
- Retaining wall
An enhanced project might include some of the following:
- Automatic Pool Cover
- Bench or ledge inside pool
- Stone decking
- Outdoor lighting
- Pool house
- Hot tub
- Laminar jets or waterfall
- Fire pit area
- Pergola or enclosed seating area
A ‘whole backyard’ project could have some of the following:
- Vanishing edge
- Outside Kitchen
- Extensive Landscaping
- Larger out buildings
- Multiple terraced levels
Typically our projects have a budget of $135,000-$200,000
Why R&R Pools
- Our team is here to make your backyard dream come true.
- Our expertise in simple and complex projects makes us the right fit for any family wanting to ensure their investment lasts as long as it should.
- The value does not end when your pool project is complete. The R&R Team knows this relationship is going to last for years to come and evolve as your family grows.
- We understand you may want to service your pool yourselves and have created programs specifically for the do-it-yourselfer.
- Check out our DIY seminars, how-to blogs, friendly reminders, and always a smile on the other side of the phone.
- We look forward to doing business with you now and in the decades to come.
- As of 2023 we are 40 years strong and counting doing one thing and one thing only- swimming pools.
Consultation and Needs Assessment
Either over the phone or in person, we will get to know you, your family, and your dream of pool ownership. We will go over a basic budget allowance, your must-haves, and what you envision in your dream pool, to see how we can help make your vision a reality.
Your new pool will be customized for your needs, and we want to make a reality out of your ideas of how you want to feel when using your backyard. From plunge to play pools, or a relaxing oasis or a party hub, your project is built just for you. If you have pictures of your dream pool (or elements that you’d like to incorporate into your pool), make sure to bring them along — we’d love to see them!
We will also complete an onsite consultation where we assess your property to determine the various options that will suit your needs and desires and that will work with your property.
We will then provide a quote for your project. We encourage you to ask questions and provide feedback during this stage, and we will be sure to do the same. We’re committed to clear and open communication with you at all times, to make sure that you are happy and satisfied during all points of the process.
At the contract stage, we will go over the quote and ensure that you and our installation team are ready to go forward and are all on the same page. This is also a time when we can have further conversations with your house builder, architect, or landscaper to see if they have any issues that may require forethought.
We will work with you to decide which subcontractors may be needed for electrical, decking and fencing, if necessary. We can have all these additional items and services included in your contract for a nice and neat, stress-free total pool package, or you may choose to work with others directly. We will also discuss approximate start and finish timeframes for your project as well as payment expectations and due dates for any decisions that need to be made.
With the contract signed and deposit in hand, you are now officially on the road to being a pool owner! Your pool will be ordered and your project will be assigned and scheduled. At this point, you will want to contact your municipal government office to get your pool building permit. If you are within the Halifax Regional Municipality, click here for information on the permitting process for swimming pools.