Pool rules! Who rules your pool?
Having a set of pool rules for your backyard is a must have for pool owners. It is a great guideline for your own family and for visiting guests. It helps set the expectations of acceptable behavior in and around the swimming pool area to keep everyone safe and sound at all times. Those rules and plans also help keep order if panic arises due to an accident.
What type of rules should you have in place? Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your family safe!
What you need to do:
- Have a set of rules posted where everyone can see them.
- Have safety gear in plain site and teach others how to use it.
- have an emergency plan and ensure others understand what to do.
Some of the rules will be common sense and some will be instructional in case of an accident. They should all be easy to understand and in plain view at all times.
They should include:
- Call 911 in case of emergency
- Adequate Adult supervision required at all times
- No running around the pool
- No glass around the pool
The following are some examples of signs available. Take the time to accumulate your own set of rules and teach your family and guests to remember and abide by them. Together you can ensure no accidents happen.
The important thing to remember is accidents are 100% preventable, all you need to do is talk, listen and encourage those in your backyard to do the same.
Here are some signs you can get for around the pool, OR make your own!