R&R certified technicians can complete a quality computerized water analysis to make sure your water is safe, healthy and balanced properly. We can help you solve any of your pool chemical problems and offer onsite help also. Here at R&R Pools education is extremely important to us.
All of our employees have participated in BioGuard’s Chemical School and are certified. We know these chemicals inside and out to provide the best care to your pool possible.
We want to teach you everything you need to know to make sure your water is always safe, sparkling and algae free. And with our program is as easy as 1-2-3!
Having all three parts of the BioGuard 3-Step Program lets you work less, spend less, and enjoy your pool more!
Whether you’re a new pool owner or an experienced one, we’ll turn you into the neighbourhood pool expert in no time.
Chemical Treatment is needed for two very important reasons:
- Water must be balanced (neither corrosive nor scaling) so sanitizers can work properly.
- Proper sanitization will prevent/ remove infectious organisms and organic waste as well as keep the water free from algae.
Ideal Swimming Pool Water Conditions
|Variable||Recommended Level||Means to Control|
|Free Chlorine||1.0-3.0 ppm||Add chlorine daily-
60-160gm per 40 000 L
|Bromine||3.0-5.0 ppm||Control brominator|
|Cyanuric Acid||30-50 ppm||If below 30 ppm add Stabilizer 100,
if above 50 ppm drain 6″
|Total Alkalinity||125-150 ppm||If high add Lo n Slo, if low add Balance Pack 100|
|Calcium Hardness||175-225 ppm||If high add Scale inhibitor, if low add Balance Pack 300|
|DTS (Dissolved Total Solids)||<2500 ppm||Routine backwashing|
|PH||7.4-7.6||If too high add Lo n Slo, if too low add Balance Pack 200|
|Temperature||30 degrees C||Adjust solar system or Heater|
|Combined Chlorine||<0.1 ppm||Super chlorination-add Power Chlor or Burn out|
|a)less than 200 on 85%
|Free chlorine range 1.0-1.5 ppm
Bromine 3.0-5.0 ppm
|Algae||None||super chlorinate and add Erase|
|H20 Clarity||Clean & clear||Check filter and adjust the ph level.
Routine backwashing and use Polysheen Blue
|Iron and Copper Metals||<0.1 ppm||Add Pool Magnet and floc with Kwik Clear|
Chemical Storage & Handling
- Liquid chemicals should always be displayed on the bottom shelf; you should never have dry chemicals underneath a liquid.
- Always add the chemical to the water, never the water to the chemical. This is very important because some chemical will explode.
- Keep the chemicals out of direct sunlight in a dry cool area. Always keep the product in the original container and away from children.
- Make sure the area where your chemicals are kept is neat, tidy and spacious.
- If a chemical liquid spills, tend to it immediately by adding a large amount of water to make sure the chemical has been diluted.
- Store your Muriatic Acid separately form the chlorine and bromine. Balance Pak 200 will neutralize an acid spill.