Every Pool Area Should have:
- Signs-pool rules and no diving
- Life preserver
- Life hook and reaching pole
- Portable Phone with preprogramed emergency numbers
- Children’s life vests
- Never leave your child unattended in the water even for a split second.
- Keep a cordless phone outside with you at all times.
- Teach your child how to swim.
- Self locking gates, fencing around the entire pool perimeter and a non slip surface. Follow all by-laws pertaining to your swimming pool- this includes having a proper fence surrounding your pool on all four sides
- Diving boards – can only be used in inground pools greater than 16’wide, 32’long, a minimum 8’deep.
- Slides – should not be used on aboveground pools as they lack the water depth needed for a safe entry into the water.
- Suction Outlets (Skimmer/Automatic cleaner outlets) – They need to be covered and pump sizing is especially crucial to prevent objects from being sucked against these outlets. Pump needs to be properly sized for the pool & its equipment
- Drainage – You must have proper drainage around the pool perimeter-it is a very important aspect of any installation.
- Clear Pool Water – do not use the pool when you cannot see the bottom and main drain.
We have a wide range of safety items available including pool alarms.
Safe Pools by the Pool and Hot Tub Council of Canada