Swimming Pool Maintenance Technician
Goal: To ensure proper implementation of swimming pool service while providing the customer an outstanding experience.
Pay Range: $17-20/hr full time, seasonal
Reporting structure: Reporting to the Service Manager and Service Liaison daily. Performance reviews every 2 weeks and as necessary.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain swimming pools
- Unload trucks
- Routine transportation of heavy trash pumps and other heavy gear
- Service and repair swimming pools
- Open, close swimming pools
- Determine layout and installation procedures, measure and mark guidelines for installation
- Install pools and equipment.
- Document procedures, work orders, customer notes
- Interact with customers
- Prepare and maintain work materials and supplies
- Inspect safety standards
- Work independently and work with other teams
- Some plumbing, carpentry, concrete, stone and other media
Hard Skills List: Driver’s license, drivers abstract, must be able to carry 75 lbs, must be able to work in all weather conditions, steel toed boots, weather gear, basic computer skills.
Soft Skills List: Detail oriented, patience, strong oral and written communication skills, customer service oriented, professional, ability to find answers, ability to follow up, punctual, positive attitude, highly self-motivated, and significant use of memory, ability to complete paperwork, team player, and legible handwriting. Has an ownership attitude. A team player that likes to work on their own.
Equipment used: Computers, phone, wheel barrows, trash pumps, hand and power towels, shovels, cargo vans, swimming pool equipment, maintenance equipment, and pool chemicals
Environment: Various Outdoor settings, construction sites and customer properties, Sunup to sundown, all weather, van and warehouse setting. Fast paced environment, physically demanding. Non-smoking.
Communication: Will report to Service Managers daily. Interact with customers and children.
Mentoring: Each successful candidate will be matched to a senior manager for mentoring. Together they will determine a set of goals to work towards, the frequency of which they wish to meet and how they will achieve progress and success.
- Hours : Monday through occasional Saturday
- Over time will be expected when needed
- Seasonal position however many students return year over year
- Driving record check required
- Steel Toed boots and Rain gear required
- Construction (long) hours
- All employees will be trained on OH&S during their training period.
- The candidate must enjoy working outdoors.
The ideal candidate: will be currently enrolled in a post-secondary program, returning to school in Fall of 2022. This person will oversee the maintenance of swimming pools and be responsible for ensuring the job is done properly. Experience with swimming pools and construction would be an asset but is not required at all. Must be detailed oriented with an ownership attitude.