Summer Retail Associate Position
Want to be part of a fast-paced and fun industry?
R&R Pools is an Inground Swimming Pool construction company specializing in vinyl residential swimming pool projects. R&R Pools strives for the highest quality workmanship and ultimate client satisfaction. We are currently looking to expand our in-store customer service team to help serve our clients better.
Our focus is on finding team players with strong customer service skills who want to always be their best.
Our ideal candidate would be energetic and like to work both individually and as a part of a team. Someone who is attentive to details and enjoys being on the move. This individual is dependable and reliable. Additionally, they would be hard-working and a fast learner. An understanding of retail, warehouse or a fast-paced environment experience is an asset.
If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply!
General Position Responsibilities
- Deliver amazing customer service to existing client base that is:
- Resolution focused.
- Managed from beginning to full resolution.
- Troubleshoot problems, sell, and suggest products and services.
- POS transactions and water testing of swimming pools.
- Oversee inventory quantities and reporting in accordance with guidelines set.
- Preparation of outgoing and incoming shipments.
- Assist managing the opening and end of day retail store processes.
- Assist and provide backup support to office staff including answering phones.
- Lift, move, and otherwise maneuver physical objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; stand, sit, walk, climb, or balance.
- Store maintenance
- Use of a pallet jack
- Special projects as defined.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Desire to work with small, family run and operated businesses
- Intermediate PC skills (Microsoft Excel & Word)
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Superior attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Quick learner with a keen interest in being the best you can be
- Must have a service focused approach and enjoy dealing with the public face to face
- Experience in any of the following areas an asset:
- A retail store
- A high-pressure environment
- A warehouse or parts environment
- Power tools
What We Offer:
- A pro-employee, friendly work environment with high level of job satisfaction
- Competitive wage and employee benefits including medical, performance bonuses, RRSP matching, use of company power tools and more!
- Job skills development
- Close knit company culture
- Fun and interactive team building activities such as puzzle rooms, golf, bowling, hockey games and team breakfasts throughout the year
- Staff pricing on retail purchases
- Room to grow
- Opportunity to experience real-time small business challenges and be a part of a fun industry
Minimum starting wage $16/hr. Pay is based upon experience.
Position is from mid-April to August (for Students), or October (non-students). We offer part-time and full-time positions. This position is great for seasonal employment or for students who wish to earn money quickly and/ or come back year after year after a winter off.
Start date: April 25th