Pool Construction and Service Tech
Learn new skills and strengthen your existing assets!
Want to get experience troubleshooting problems, working with concrete, building swimming pools and renovating and servicing existing ones? We work in maintenance, plumbing, problem solving, backyard creation and customer service.
R & R Pools is a leading inground swimming pool Company in HRM having installed countless inground swimming pools for both our own clients and other pool companies.
Come join our award winning company and add our skill set to your resume!
So ask yourself…
1. Are these your values too?
- Pride in our craft
2. Are you available to work Monday to Friday at 7:30am and occasionally on Saturdays?
3. Do you have or are you interested in learning how to work with concrete?
4. Can you comfortably lift 50lbs and work on your feet all day?
5. Are you organized and team oriented?
6. Do you enjoy working outside in the sunshine with a chance of rain?
7. Do you have previous experience in a labour position and like to work with your hands?
8. Do you have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record? – We drive cargo vans!
9. Do like golf, escape rooms, attending hockey games, team breakfast, pizza parties and or bowling? We do too!
10. Am I willing to get a criminal record check – Sure, I have nothing to hide!
The R&R Pools’ Team is looking for hardworking team players. The candidate must be dependable, responsible, committed and take pride in their work.
This position is for seasonal employment and is great for an active person or for a student who wishes to have a position year over year. Employment is from April to October, or to the end of August for Students.
Some responsibilities will include
- Preparation of construction sites
- Digging trenches
- Placing concrete
- Identifying and distributing construction materials
- Opening and closing swimming pools
- Installation, maintenance and repair of swimming pool and equipment (pumps, filters and heaters)
- Communicating to clients when old equipment needs replaced and advising the appropriate replacement
- Driving to appointments at clients’ homes
- Testing pool and hot tub water
- Cleaning and maintenance of pools and hot tubs
- Communicating with clients, staff and the manager
- Going the extra mile
- Well rounded with experience with various types of repairs and using various types of tools and power equipment
- Previous work (or hobby) experience in a labour position
- We work rain or shine, cold or hot so rain gear is mandatory
- Steel toed boots
- A criminal record check may be required.
- A driving abstract is required
Training to begin mid-April!
Pay will be based on experience.
Level 1– No Pool Industry Experience
- Minimum starting wage $15/hr for a level 1, with possibility for wage increase with additional experience and education.
Level 2– 2 year Pool Industry Experience
Level 3- 4+ Pool Industry Experience
To apply please attach your resume or you can email your resume to email@example.com