Are you an experienced trade professional whose current position has you down? We’d love to hear from you.
R&R Pools is an Inground Swimming Pool construction company specializing in vinyl residential swimming pool projects. R&R Pools strives for the highest quality workmanship and ultimate client satisfaction. We are currently looking to expand our service and construction divisions to help serve our clients better.
Our focus is on finding team players with strong customer service skills who want to always be their best.
If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply!
The Foreman Position works under the project manager and will be responsible for our construction and/or service crew. On the job site the foreman assigns duties and is responsible for monitoring the progress of a project and keeping it on track. The foreman must ensure that the workers are qualified and knowledgeable about their roles and make assignments according to skill sets. The foreman will be responsible for training the work crews to successfully complete projects. The person in this position will provide progress updates to the project manager and make on-site decisions. The foreman must ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safe operating procedures.
This position is great for an active person who wishes to have a position year over year and have the winter to themselves or for snowbirds. Employment is March until December.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Over-seeing crews on construction sites, repairs and equipment installations
- Preparation of construction sites
- Placing concrete
- Identifying and distributing construction materials
- Opening and closing swimming pools
- Installation, maintenance and repair of swimming pool and equipment (pumps, filters and heaters)
- Communicating to clients when old equipment needs replaced and advising the appropriate replacement
- Driving to appointments at clients’ homes
- Testing pool and hot tub water
- Cleaning and maintenance of pools and hot tubs
- Communicating with clients, other staff and the owner
- Going the extra mile
- 2 years of Foreman or Construction Management Experience building and planning structures or similar
- Transferable skill set
- Lift, move, and otherwise maneuver physical objects weighing up to 75 pounds and be on your feet all day.
- Applicants must be a self-starter and detail oriented
- Must have been in a decision making role
- We are looking for someone who can use basic technology to provide exceptional job reports (email, text messaging, tablet)
- Desire to work with small, family run and operated businesses.
- Effective communication skills (oral, telephone and written)
- Superior attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Quick learner with a keen interest in being the best you can be.
- Must have a service focused approach and enjoy dealing with the public face to face.
What We Offer:
- An inclusive pro-employee, friendly work environment with high level of job satisfaction
- Competitive wage and employee benefits including medical, performance bonuses, RRSP matching, use of company power tools and more!
- Job skills development
- A trip down south
- Close knit company culture
- Fun and interactive team building activities such as puzzle rooms, golf, bowling, hockey games and team breakfasts throughout the year
- Staff pricing on retail purchases
- Room to grow and advance
- Ability to return year after year
Need to know:
- Full time position
- Monday – Friday 7:30-6:00, occasional shorter Saturday
- Wage- $22-$27 based upon experience and results
- Will provide on the job training
- Start Mid March – December
- Steel toed boots and full rain gear required
- A clean driving abstract is required
- Work rain or shine