Construction and Service Technician
As a family owned and operated business R & R Pools understands the importance of quality, professionalism and excellence. Our goal is customer satisfaction. We go that extra mile to ensure that our quality and customer service is superior.
Who We Want!
R&R Pools is always looking for smart, outgoing people who learn quickly and love working with customers and in a team setting. Attention to detail is as huge asset as it is important in creating an unequaled customer service experience.
If this sounds like you TELL US ALL ABOUT YOU!
Currently hiring for:
The Swimming Pool Construction and Service Technician position gives employees the chance to work outside, interact with customers in a positive environment and bring enjoyment to families.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a labour position. A thorough understanding of pool operations is not a requirement, however it is an asset. The candidate will have experience working as part of a team, be organized, have good customer service skills and be able to accomplish a wide assortment of physically demanding tasks. Applicants must have outstanding organizational and customer service skills, like to work on their own and are detail oriented.
This position works directly with the manager and service technicians by helping to maintain exceptional customer service by providing services to clients including on site care and maintenance of clients’ pools and hot tubs.
The R&R Pools’ Team is looking for hardworking team players. The candidate must be dependable, responsible, committed and take pride in their work.
This position is for seasonal employment and is great for an active person or student and is ideal for someone who wishes to have a position year over year after enjoying winters to themselves. Employment is from April to November, or to the end of August for Students.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of construction sites
- Placing concrete
- Identifying and distributing construction materials
- Opening and closing swimming pools
- Installation, maintenance and repair of swimming pool and equipment (pumps, filters and heaters)
- Communicating to clients when old equipment needs replaced and advising the appropriate replacement
- Driving to appointments at clients’ homes
- Testing pool and hot tub water
- Cleaning and maintenance of pools and hot tubs
- Communicating with clients, staff and the manager
- Going the extra mile
- Full time and Part Time Positions
- Company Hours Monday–Friday 7:00 am–6:00 pm, occasional Saturday 8:00 am–3:00 pm
- We work rain or shine, cold or hot so rain gear is mandatory
- Steel toed boots
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- A criminal record check may be required.
- A driving abstract is required
- Applicants must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Applicants must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
- Wage $17-22/hr. Pay is based upon experience.
What We Offer:
- A pro-employee, friendly work environment with high level of job satisfaction
- Competitive wage and employee benefits including medical, performance bonuses, RRSP matching, use of company power tools and more!
- Job skills development
- Close knit company culture
- Fun and interactive team building activities such as puzzle rooms, golf, bowling, hockey games and team breakfasts throughout the year
- Staff pricing on retail purchases
- Room to grow
- Ability to return year after year
Training to begin on April 11th